Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Discovering mold in your home can be incredibly stressful. Once mold has began growing, it can spread aggressively. If mold is growing in your home, it can also have highly negative health effects.
Some telling signs that you may need mold removal services include the following:
- If you smell a wet or unpleasant odor in your home, it may be attributed to mold.
- Moisture is the contributing factor to making an environment more conducive to mold growth. High levels of humidity in your home is likely causing mold to grow somewhere– possibly the attic, the basement, or anywhere that water may be leaking.
- Mold removal may be necessary if your family is experiencing allergy symptoms.
- Actually seeing mold growth is always a telling sign that you need mold remediation services; however, it may be hard to spot sometimes, so it’s important to know what your looking for.
- If your home has recently had flooding caused by a broken pipe, appliance, or excessive rain, there is a chance of mold growth. This is especially true if you did not have professional services come to clean up the flooding.
Pay close attention so that you’ll notice these telling signs of mold growth as early as possible. This will help you to avoid serious mold issues.
Mold In Your Home or Business? Contact the professionals here at SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby County today. 502.241.6861
SERVPRO of Oldham/Shelby County also proudly serves Spencer, Trimble and Henry Counties.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (502) 241-6861
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Oldham / Shelby County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Oldham / Shelby County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- La Grange
- New Castle